Damaged hair compensation
Hair dye gone wrong? Hairdressing is still an unregulated profession, meaning that anybody can offer his or her services as a hairdresser regardless of qualification. This means that there are many unqualified, under trained or simply incompetent hairdressers. Your hairdresser has a duty of care to take all reasonable measures to protect you and your hair; this could mean carrying out a skin patch or a hair strand test ideally 24 hours before the procedure to ensure that there will be no negative reactions. If your hairdresser has been negligent and you have suffered as a result then you may be able to make a hair damage claim.
Shires Law can help you to claim hairdresser compensation. We operate on a No Win No Fee basis, you will not be out of pocket whether you win or lose.
The main causes of hair damage include:
- Incompetent/ unqualified hairdressers
- Failure to carry out a skin patch/ hair strand tests
- Lack of concentration
Some examples of damage that can occur from these causes are:
- Temporary or permanent bald patches
- Damaged hair follicles
- Irritated/ burned scalp
- Emotional/ psychological trauma due to disfigurement
HOW MUCH COULD YOU CLAIM?
Hair compensation awards are dependent on the extent of the damage to your hair and the circumstances under which the accident occurred. The principle factor when calculating award figures is how long it takes for the hair to grow back or repair itself after the initial damage. For a more accurate estimate of the hair compensation you are likely to receive based on your personal circumstances speak to our experienced lawyers .
LENGTH OF CLAIM
It is virtually impossible to estimate a timeframe for your claim as each case is different and reliant on a number of external factors. Our lawyers will do all they can to conclude your case in as time efficient a manner as possible. Factors such as whether the other party admits liability quickly or whether there is a need to take the case to court will have a direct effect on the length of the claim.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A CLAIM
We can help you to claim hair compensation, get in touch today by calling on 0800 285 266 or via our Live Chat facility.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP YOUR CLAIM
- Seek medical advice immediately to ensure there is no further harm and gain an initial prognosis
- If you haven’t already, ensure that the salon is aware of what has befallen you as a result of your treatment
- Keep a diary of your ailment, including any pain/ irritation levels and other effects you have experienced as a result of your reaction
- Log any losses you have incurred as a result of your hair damage (i.e. cost of paying somebody else to rectify the problem)